Burgers, barbecue, and beer: these are the three quintessential B’s for the perfect Memorial Day summer cookout. Not everyone has a grill though, or has the time/incentive to cook. What if you just want to sleep in on Memorial Day and wake up to a light and simple breakfast that doesn’t require much prep work?
Smoothie bowls are the perfect solution to such a dilemma. Vitamin-packed and delicious, they’re a sweet way to begin a lazy summer day. For my particular Memorial Day-themed smoothie bowl, I used the following ingredients:
- half a mango
- half a large box of strawberries (about 10)
- guava juice
- various berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) and chia seeds for garnish
These are the steps to creating the perfect smoothie bowl:
- Dice the mango and halve the strawberries.
- Pulse the fruit chunks in a blender on medium and add a splash of guava juice.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. It should be a thick but still liquid consistency.
- Garnish with toppings as you please. The more the better!
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy smoothie bowl!